Sunday 31 August 2014

31/08/2014



31/08/2014; 04:02:

29th August- the night of no sleep. After a short nap, I headed to RM class. The lecture, on ‘Grounded Theory’ was conducted by a FPM participant who is doing her research based on said theory. This was followed by a rather interesting ‘Logic’ Class. There are all these paradoxes that are so intriguing; you want to sit & think about them, for hours yet, because you know that it is going to be quite a task, you just agree that it is mind-boggling and live & let live.

Afternoon was spent in the Old Audi, working on our play ‘Aadhe Adhure’ which is to be our end-term piece for the Drama course. Once this was done, we along with Atharv merchandise set off for T.I Mall. We set up our usual desk, taped 3 T-shirts to make for a beautiful display, placed SunBurn passes & got to work, selling passes & our newly-acquired Atharv T-shirts. Since we were all dressed in the merchandise ourselves, we simply pointed to ourselves and spun around, giving our potential customers a good view of the Atharv logo.
We sold a passable amount of merchandise & passes. We’re hoping that the demand rises, as we get closer to the actual event day.

I got back to campus, planning to have a nice, uninterrupted sleep. Of course, my-social-self had other plans. I ought to put my phone on Flight mode & have a long, peaceful sleep, one of these days. Well, who am I kidding? It shall be possible only after the fest. Fortunately, it is very exciting to be this busy. And, frankly, it’s encouraging too, for a lot of reasons – well, for one you feel like you are now prepared to take on any work that might come your way, since you have fallen into the habit of actually working and not merely pretending t do so. Secondly, it makes you feel like you are actually doing something productive with your time & life, and, that is a happy feeling.
So, I wandered off to see the Flash Mob practice. It was amazing to see almost 60 juniors (2013 &2014 batches) all peppy and dancing. The entire team (the 2012 batch boss people included) looked happy tired; and the enthusiasm, hard-work & dedication were palpable. As I walked back to my hostel at around 1 a.m. (since we all have a hostel-in-time extension up until the fest), I happened to see the Atharv Banner, posters & countdown all put up in front of Mess 1. And, was I delighted!? Seeing a public countdown makes reality sink in, in a really scary way.
Once back in the hostel, I wandered off to find people who were awake, in order to talk; mainly because talking is good fun. I was informed about the soon-to-be-submitted IGNOU assignments; they need to be handed in by the 15th of September. I racked my brain and managed to remember my IGNOU roll number; this let me find my subjects and hence my assignments. I was just surprised at the variety of subjects that I had managed to pick. One is a Foundation course in Science & Technology which is a compulsory course. Of my three electives, one is on European History, one is on HIV/AIDS and the last is a course under BSW (Bachelor of Social Work). I’ll have to get working, as soon as Atharv is successfully over.

No comments:

Post a Comment