Monday 11 August 2014

07/10/2014



07/08/2014; 23:35:

There really is a whole lot of fest-related work in progress, right now!
Also, there has been SO much happening.
The new batch, the 2014 batch is finally here. They probably do not know it, but, both our batch and the juniors have been really looking forward to having new people on campus- new IPM students to be more precise; honestly there really is a strong feeling of unity and mutual love & respect among all the students. I’m not saying so only because it sounds grand, but because that’s what it actually is.

The Registration for the new batch was on the 1st of August; their Induction was on the 2nd. By 29th evening, people had begun to arrive on campus. I walked myself to the Hostel Reception Centre, to look over the list of the fresh arrivals. Around 8 of 120 students were on campus already. I dialled a few random numbers and got myself a meeting with a guy who is from Mumbai. I promptly informed him that I was part of the 2014 Batch too. Of course, this game gave itself away much sooner than I would’ve liked, courtesy my juniors who happily greeted me as I walked from the HRC to the FPM Block, with my new friend. Mumbai was good grounds to begin a conversation.

Over the next couple of days, I met quite a few of the 2014 students. Most seem pretty excited and nervous. There was this boy who missed lunch because he could not find the Mess, the first day he was here! It’s interesting to note how varied people are- some so carefree that the sky would fall and they wouldn’t move half a finger, others so worried that a breath of air would not pass them by without being questioned, some already so at-home at a place they’ve just arrived at, others visibly confused as to how the roads are straight and curved; but, everyone is happy in their own way, and that’s probably what is important.

On the night of the 30th, since I was dressed in formals, for the SAC-Coordinator task, I got my hands on a room-allotment list and made a visit to the junior girls’ rooms. Most were still off campus but, the few that I did encounter were rather chirpy, even late in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment