Tuesday 26 August 2014

26/08/2014




26/08/2014; 01:47:

My last night’s nap was suddenly interrupted by a phone call. I ran across half the campus, to return Harmon-I’s microphone. We’d borrowed it, for lack of our own equipment and they needed it to conduct the audition for PGP-I.
Our Sunburn passes are all ready to be sold and marketing strategies are being worked on; with all feasible ideas being implemented. There was even a meeting called, last night, to have a fruitful discussion about this.
Post-meeting, we stood around talking. The 2014 Batch has been instructed (by the organizers i.e. the 2013 batch) to attend the Fresher’s Night DJ Party, on the 27th, with a date, the condition being that the date ought to be a senior. So, there are junior boys asking senior girls and junior girls inviting senior guys to the Dance party.

Once back to the Hostel, it was back to work. The official Atharv invite, the one that is to be sent to the Institute, the Sponsors and other important people has been prepared. I spent a while making it, and I do hope that our efforts pay off i.e. the invite does what it ought to – make people feel like they can’t be anywhere but at Atharv 2014 on the 5th,6th & 7th of September!

I woke up this morning, took a bath and found myself in the Logic class. The course is being taken by two of our programme co-ordinators and is rather difficult, since it deals with Philosophy, Mathematics and Decision Making. Post-lunch, we had 2 Drama & Theatre classes where we had a stage rehearsal of our up-coming end of term play , a Hindi play titled ‘ Aadhe Adhure’.
I just finished writing & editing 3 radio advertisements, for our fest. They focus on the Sunburn Night with DJ (S)haan & DJ Sartek , which is happening on the 7th of September. Atharv will definitely close on a high note! In related news, I’ve been offered the chance to be the M.C for the Sunburn Night! I’m beyond thrilled. I just hope that there is no change in plan!

This evening was the Prize Distribution Ceremony- Chunauti ’14. I can now proudly display a shiny gold medal which says ‘IIM Indore – Champion- Chunauti 14’ in the centre! Right after the prize distribution, I found myself lying down, staring up at a starless sky, behind the FPM Block.
Post dinner, we discussed the PR & Marketing potential plan of action for the 5th, 6th & 7th of September. It involves a dedicated set of people, each of whom has detailed knowledge of one aspect of the fest – Panel Discussion, Management Events, Cultural & Literary Events, Guest Lectures, Informal Events, Workshops & Sunburn Night. Later, we pieced together a play, for our Business Etiquette Mid-Term, tomorrow. We’ve picked our topic to be ‘Office Politics’. Other topics vary from Dining Etiquette to Cultural Sensitivity and Cubicle Protocol. Hoping to see some interesting presentations, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment