Tuesday 29 April 2014

28/04/2014




28/04/2014 , 15:11 :

Monday. Not the least favourite day of the week anymore. Sunday is. Being at IPM has blown my week out of perspective, if I may. Thursdays are off ; that is pretty convenient , since weekday-malls are less crowded than Sunday malls plus, the factor that most service shops are closed on the weekend and hence better accessible on Thursday. Coming from the city that NEVER sleeps ( I just thought it was like that everywhere) , I see shops actually being closed here, in Indore. I learnt to appreciate a lot of things that I took for granted - Pani Puri ! I never got what the big deal about Mumbai Pani Puri was! All until I failed to find anything remotely close in Indore! And, the whole 'feel' of Mumbai ~ it isn't pegged the 'City of Dreams' for nothing.

Ah, Mumbai. But, I shouldn't drift, well, I can't. Indore's nice too ! So yep, Monday.

This Saturday was fairly eventful. Mr. Anand Neelkantan of Asura- Tale of the Vanquished fame was on campus, to talk to the IPM students about writing. More particularly, on how to be a commercially successful author, how the entire 'Publishing-House-Screening' is a rather hard thing, how exactly a story works, how a character develops, how reader interest is to be held and how best to go about completing a whole novel. His talk was very inspiring, while being in touch with the ground reality.

29/04/2014 ; 14:27

Saturday evening was spent in Indore city. We just tend to call it 'city', around here. 'Aree, is anyone going to the City today?' , and everyone knows that you mean some (most probably) mall of Indore. Indore seems to have SO many ATM's. Either the number is actually really high, or, I'm just noticing them more, since I use them a lot more than I did back at home. Back at home, money seemed to appear more from Mummy than an ATM.

Hmm, I should get exact statistics on the number of ATM's in Indore v/s the number in Mumbai. I think I should do a density measure rather than an absolute number measure, for the obvious reason that Mumbai is a lot larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment