Friday 18 April 2014

18/4/2014



And, I thought 26th was a big deal. My clock now reads 15:49 , 18/04/2104. The only solace is the fact that I actually finally remembered.
17th-18th, i.e. yesterday & today is seeing ‘ShankhNaad’ -an intra-IPM fest of sorts, with varied events being organized by different committees of the IPM Student Activity Council.
It began with the LAN Gaming Event - CS, FIFA '13 , NFS -Most Wanted , DOTA & Flappy Birds/Subway Surf for non-gamers like me, all run by the Activity Comm aka Anustha. It ran on three evenings, greeted with much enthusiasm.
The Sports Comm. has been at organizing ALL the events before the end of this Academic year, with a just concluded Boys' Volleyball and a very much in-progress Girls' Basketball & our very own IPL.
Literar-i , well , the Literary Comm., organized a JAM-Just A Minute. I hadn't participated in one before, and it was really interesting.
THe Performing Arts Comm, i.e. Beat-i-fic had arranged a 'Battle of Bands' in the evening, with 4 different bands coming in to perform.

18th Morning began with Social Club Aarohan's 'Avdhaarna' , a competition that involved people pitching ideas for 'sustainable' changes on the campus, for the benefit of all.
Retorica- the Debating Society ran 'EconJuncture' - a game that truly tested the student's ease with economics, dealing with only everyday application of economics. It was a really well thought-out event and made me realise how much economics I do not know.
To begin soon is the 'Mimicry Competition' & 'Directors' Cut' - short-film making, both planed by Adaa- Drama Comm. I think I should go attend, it's to begin at the auditorium , soon.

BRB :D

No comments:

Post a Comment