Friday 25 April 2014

22/04/2014



22/04/2014 , 01:22 a.m.

The evening of 20th April aka Sunday saw an almost thunderstorm on campus. Lovely, breezy, well, nearly stormy evening! The wind was all there, the rain didn't seem to want to comply. Anyhoo, it was a much- needed, much- appreciated respite from the heat.

23/04/2014, 02:53 a.m.

It rained this evening! Well, drizzled really, but yeah. IPM's Sports Comm. is all enthused. Currently, a boys' cricket league & a girls' basketball league are in progress. IPM-3 beat IPM-1 , 20-14, basketball, this evening.

The IPM students are all geared up to hold our first ever fest, in September. Atharv 2014! Sounds all grand to me. We're currently working on inviting some big names from the industry, to grace the occasion with their presence.

25/04/2014 , 02:05.

We're also working on the content for the FaceBook page. The fest logo is nearly finalized. Let's hope I can get my hands on it, soon!
Tomorrow, uh, today i.e. Friday evening , 6:30 will see a student body meet, to discuss the fest. The excitement in the air is palpable !

We've been playing Basketball a lot more often, of late. The new Basketball court in SR 11 ( Student Residence aka Hostel Block No. 11) is probably good reason. There's another, newer, under-construction Basketball court. I have very definite plans of being the one to inaugurate it. (Hopefully, I won't miss shooting that first basket!)

Elections took place in Madhya Pradesh today. Lot of my friends back home went out to vote . Unfortunately, I couldn't , owing mainly to my absence from my home-town. Rakhi Sawant is contesting as an independent candidate, from one of the constituencies back home!

Sanjana procured lemons, soda & mint last night. Our hostel witnessed a community drinking of mojitos (virgin, of course). It was good fun! Especially since it followed up on the badminton games! Yep, games. What began with two bored girls and a couple of racquets progressed into a grand spectacle, with a total of eight racquets making appearances out of nowhere. I'm sure it was a debut appearance for some of those racquets! ( Two virgins in one night? That ought to count as a feat!)

Oh, and, I got trolled by the sun, today. The lazy genius that I am, believed that 2p.m was the perfect time to have a bath. I was warned of hot water, but, well, I assumed that it'd be warm and decided to go ahead. It was warm, good warm. But, as soon as my head was covered with shampoo, the water decided that it just had to boil . And, there I was, with a head full of shampoo and a shower running boiling water. What a situation that was!

On occasion of Shakespeare's 450th birthday, our very own Literary Committee organized a screening of 'The Complete Works of Shakespeare' by the famous 'Reduced Shakespeare Company'. 88 minutes, and all of Shakespeare. I didn't realise that that was even humanly possible!

There's a German mid-term, tomorrow, for some certain select population that decided to study German. It's of course, a half-day off for the rest of us.

Still ought to sleep!




No comments:

Post a Comment