Monday 28 July 2014

27/07/2014





27/07/2014; 23:23:

Great. My today’s post managed to get lost in transition from a word document to my blog mainly thanks to the errant internet. The internet’s been acting a little moody, these last 2-3 days. We’d visited the IT Department and it’s a lot better. Action here is pretty prompt, on most such matters. This afternoon, we let the authorities know about our fan – it had only two speeds- zero and everything’s blowing away- and, our fan was promptly fitted with a new regulator by 6 p.m.

‘Kick’ was screened on campus, yesterday. I hear that it had no storyline but was almost entertaining. The ‘no-brainer’ / ‘leave your brain at home’ concept is being followed a tad bit too literally by our Bollywood. Apparently, the Telugu version, of which ‘Kick’ is a re-make, was a lot better. Of course, I wouldn’t know, for I haven’t managed to learn any Telugu yet.

The Introduction to Engineering classes are rather interesting. Sir alternates between theory lectures and activities. Our first two sessions were spent making a bridge out of popsicle sticks and glue. The next theory lecture was spent understanding the working of two & four-stroke engines. The very next class saw us building steam-powered boats to put theory into application. We built dainty vessels out of a tetra pack, a soda can, a candle and straws.

The form inviting nominations for SAC-Coordinator and Treasurer were sent to our batch yesterday. There was a follow-up e-mail in the evening, asking for more nominations for there didn’t seem to be quite enough responses. The selection procedure has been altered from being a democratic election were the person with the highest votes wins to being a three-step process. There is to be a pre-process, an interview and elections. This evening, a mail asking for the pre-process submission was sent to all the aspirants. They were asked to send in a Résumé and a Statement of Purpose, the deadline for which is in about half an hour.

My room-mate unfortunately managed to discover my post about her. It was purely accidental. Kavya was on my laptop, approving my Résumé and my blog was open in the background. I was on the phone; my post was spotted and my room-mate promptly informed. Fortunately, she’s taking it quite well and I even heard her boasting about the post, over the phone. Phew! Trouble averted.

There’s a play happening on the 15th of August. My room-mate is to be the narrator in said play and is now missing from the room, for practice, every night at the perfect hour from 11 to 1. In nicer news, we discovered a ‘South Indian Supermarket’ in Indore, yesterday- it had all types of exotic-looking spices, vegetables and duck eggs for sale. I picked up Jack-fruit and Tapioca chips, both of which I rather enjoy. Today evening thus had a large supply of snacks.

And, there are 40 days to go, until the first-ever edition of Atharv- our very own IPM fest, in September. Our Instagram & Twitter accounts were inaugurated today and we’re hoping to acquire a large follower-base soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment