Wednesday 2 July 2014

02/07/2014




02/07/2014; 12:24:


Our seniors are back from their social internships. They are in their fourth year and shall now be part of the PGP-I Batch.

It had been a while since we'd visited 'Pishori Dhaba'. It carries 'Dhaba' in its name for some inexplicable reason; it's a restaurant all right! It's known for the offering good chicken at even better rates, making it pretty student friendly. One thing I learnt here it that anyone who's a non-vegetarian will necessarily eat non-vegetarian food when going out for dinner, because, and I quote a chicken lover, 'veg food is not worth spending money on'. Which also means that I've probably managed to eat more chicken in the two years I've spent in Indore than I ever did in all my eighteen years back home! One other thing that I learnt is that a vegetarian who keeps non-vegetarian company will be converted, sooner or later!

Mobile Phones are now entirely banned in classrooms. The written code of rules had always prohibited this, but, the rule had never been enforced. The IPM Office has already conducted one 'surprise check', this term. Mobile Phones kept switched off in bags aren't legal either, coz you know, terrorism. That, and the bigger problem of people not paying enough attention in lectures because all of it is commanded by the Whatsapp Messages, FaceBook statuses and Game high-scores!

The TV in the common room is getting used to being nocturnal, with FIFA matches running up 4:00 am, IST. With the quarter-finals set to begin, everyone's excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment