Friday 11 July 2014

11/07/2014




11/07/2014; 04:09:

The FIFA World Cup 2014 has beautifully altered my sleep schedule. I’m surprised that falling into a routine of keeping up till 4, to watch the 1:30 game in entirety has proven to be easier than falling out of the routine.

I discovered what I shall deem to be an ingenious way of carting laundry to & fro the Laundry. Sharing a room has led me to the discovery that an entire large shelf cannot be devoted to the sole purpose of housing dirty clothes. So, I shifted to housing them in my largely unused bucket instead. Now, this bucket is my tool of practice. Once full, its contents shall be deposited at the laundry and the freshly-washed & ironed clothes shall be placed in the safe interior of the bucket to be trudged across campus.

Indore saw its first rain of the season, yesterday in the form of a slightly extended light drizzle. It rained some more today. I sat by my window reading. Suddenly, I was hit by splashes of the incoming rain. I was forced to put down my book (well, Kindle, but I’ll let it count as a book for now) and sit staring as the rain came down in sheets. Falling hard, uninterrupted, the sheer strength of the sheets not allowing them to be drifted apart by the wind , but merely making them fall at an angle, as the ground soaked up the drops with eager conquest.
I sat watching till the clouds ceased to let up any more raindrops down to earth.

I reckon, and with good reason too, that there is a certain curse that looms over the fateful person who is elected to be the CR of our Batch. Starting with our CR in the first year, who suffered all sorts of (health) complications trying to adapt to the food & water of Indore to our last year’s CR who actually received the news of her appointment in the hospital, the curse has found its way to this year’s chosen ones. One CR has a ligament tear & damage to the soft tissue in her foot that has earned her 3-weeks of bed-rest and a wheel-chair; the other CR managed to hurt his knee during a game of basketball; and a third CR is seen with a crepe bandage around her right thigh/knee. We’re all watching the fourth CR anxiously.

Cool, almost cold breeze is blowing as I sit perched on the stairs outside my new hostel. In the distance I hear the call for prayer, for it is the holy month of Ramzan. The sanctity of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment