Tuesday 1 September 2015

1/09/2015




01/09/2015; 02:43:


Ah, it’s been a while; I miss the feeling of my fingers against my keyboard- I guess that’s what it is, with this new-age of writing- no one reminisces over the smell of fresh paper or that feeling of a freshly-refilled ink pen scrawling furiously over pages and pages.

26th morning began with a few classes and the marks of the QT surprise quiz being sent out over e-mail. We had an interesting discussion on the importance of ethics in business decision making, in the OB class. Classes ended by 3:30 post which we headed to see the ME Mid-term papers. Soon, an e-mail announcing momos at JAM was received much to everyone’s delight- it is a regular Monday feature, I guess.
There was then an IV assignment to be done- filling in details about organizational profile and the like. I then had a nice, long nap and was woken up close to 10 p.m. to attend a session of the ‘Marketing Capsules’, courtesy Mercur-I, the Marketing Club.

We had an 8:45 SMOD (Spreadsheet Modelling) class on 27th morning; we later discussed the best way to send across bad news over e-mail, in the Business Communication class. The 3:30 slot was free and was thus spent eating pasta in Mess 2- I remember giving them feedback, two months ago, when they’d added a bunch of stuff to their menu and, they’ve taken the feedback rather well- the pasta was delicious! An IV class was scheduled at 5 p.m.- the classes are awesome- it’s a pretty relaxed atmosphere and we pick up very relevant information! We spoke about the best way to word questions, the kind that will elicit positive, detailed responses from the company spokesperson. Later in the night, after deciding that it was positively too late to send a Rakhi home- one that would reach in time for Saturday that is- I got browsing the internet. I stumbled upon shopping websites that perhaps I hadn’t even heard of before- talk about research! Most websites had chocolate/mithai/rakhi combos- now, this was a serious problem- my brother doesn’t really like chocolate- I most definitely needed to send a ‘rakhi-only’ package. I finally settled on a box of 10 cartoon character-themed rakhis- of the 10, he could pick out the 2 he liked (or despised the least) and that’d be just perfect. They also promised delivery by the 29th- ‘Assured Rakhi Delivery’ - and the deed was done.

The last session of the SMOD course was held on 28th afternoon. Soon after, we headed over to Medicaps College which is pretty nearby, to collect our certificates for the Basketball Event that we’d won as part of their Sports Fest in April. To our surprise and delight(!) we were also given medals and a trophy. The trophy looks beautiful, sitting on the shelf across from me! We then headed out to Indore city- on the iBus- it was my first time on the iBus- and, it was pretty convenient! We got off at Palasia and headed straight to O2 café and ordered more food than we could eat! Some apple-picking at More later, we were on our way back to campus. We had our first meeting as the Utsaha Media team- it’s a small team, about half the size of the IRIS Media time- looking forward to doing a lot of work! We threw around ideas for blogspots and promotion in general. Meanwhile, a list was drawn up to divide up the different social media platforms for IRIS- and I ended up with Facebook. Looking forward to running a lively, engaging page!

29th- Rakhi! I spent most of the morning as well as a good part of the afternoon asleep. Saturday wasn’t technically off- a couple of sections did have classes- well, but, ours didn’t! Once I was mostly awake, I called home to check on the status of the rakhis that I’d ordered online- yes, they had reached that morning. Further, my brother had decided that he was only going to have me put them on- he was soon to be on his way to Indore! And, soon meant soon! He was due to land in Indore, on the evening flight, the same day. That gave me a few hours that I spent trying to get a guest room booked for my unlikely (though very appreciated) guest! I then headed to the airport and proceeded to launch myself at my brother right as he walked out through the arrival gates. We were soon on campus- by this time, I’d managed to inform at least half the campus about my brother’s arrival and had everyone convinced that they needed to meet him! After getting the brother a place to sleep and getting him asleep too, I headed over to the IRIS Media team meeting- we need to get working on getting a mall/ multiplex partner on board.

30th morning began with an early morning phone call from my brother- he was wide-awake and ready to explore! This was perhaps the earliest I’ve ever managed to get out of bed on a Sunday morning! We headed out for lunch and then deciding that there was nothing more to be done, we headed back to campus. He got a few hours of sleep while I met the assignment group over at the library- for a marketing and OM assignment that ought to be submitted this week. In the evening, I took the brother out to Chappan- perhaps the best-known street food location in this part of the country! Once back, my brother headed over to ‘chill’ with some new-found friends- my classmates!

31st- Monday morning- classes were okay; a quiz announcement around lunch time was not that great- but, well. Surprise quizzes are definitely better than pre-announced ones- and, at 4:50, we had a short MicroEconomics quiz. Some food at Mess 2 was in order; after the brother had indulged in some cricket and some snooker-playing, we got more food at the night mess! It’s been good having the brother around; he’s heading home in the morning, so, that’s about it, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment