Thursday 13 August 2015

13/08/2015


13/08/2015; 04:10:

Another 3 interesting days- 10th morning began with a bunch of classes- we picked up a new case in the Operations Management lecture and spoke about the trade-off between labour and leisure in the Microeconomics class. A business communication class followed where we discovered the nuances of effective e-mail writing. Post-lunch, we learnt a couple of new, interesting functions on Excel. Right after, we headed to a guest lecture, but, not before we’d gotten ourselves some bhel from the Faculty Mess. The guest lecture was interesting- the speaker was very enthusiastic and enthusiasm is very obviously contagious!

There were a bunch of birthdays celebrated, that night- we wandered from SR9 to Mess 2 to Mess 1, watching people get doused in coke, soap water, cake, ice-cream and whatever else their friends could lay their hands on!

11th morning was mostly non-existent; at 2 p.m., I headed to NC-2- an introductory session on Counselling, Psychology and Mental Health was being held for the IPM 2015 Batch. The main aim was to introduce them to the availability of counselling services on the IIM-Indore campus. The secondary aim was to introduce and incite them to be a part of Zephyr- the Psychology Interest Group that we’d started, some time ago. The session was a bunch of group activities that brought forth the need for and busted myths related to counselling and therapy. By the end of the session, there were quite a few new kids interested in being part of Zephyr.
I then headed to check my marks in the Accounts quiz held the week before- not too disappointing!

Some attempts at studying MicroEconomics were in order, in the evening; then, I decided to fall asleep rather early and got up just in time for the Accounting mid-term; of course, I sent in the pre-processes for the selection of the various teams for IRIS 2015 before I crashed.
The mid-term was two and a half hours long and not too difficult- a single case, for which balance sheets, an income statement and the cash account were to be prepared.
At 2 p.m., a Sweden Nobel Memorial quiz was held in the Old Audi- 'twas a large event, with teams coming in from even Jabalpur to participate; a qualifier was held to select the team that'd represent IIM Indore in the final stage round - unfortunately, they did not win the quiz, that honour went to the team from Jabalpur!
After spending a considerable time weighing my options- I needed to get my clothes to the laundry and, now, with the Xpress-o-mat giving the dear old, traditional laundry some competition, I had a choice to make- and I made one too! I fell asleep and got up only post 7 p.m.! I’d set a (rather useless) alarm for 3 p.m.- it did not manage to wake me up for good, but, did give me a scare! I awoke with a start, close to 4 p.m., cursing myself- ‘Damn! I missed the accounts paper!’ I’d just begin to question my life choices, when I finally came around, and realised that I’d only fallen into my blissful state of trance After having written the accounts paper!

Some food later, I was at my table, attempting to study MicroEconomics. I made a rather successful trip to the night mess, around 1 a.m. and got around to doing nothing.
And, a good use of my time was really called for, hence, the blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment