Saturday 9 May 2015

09/05/2015



09/05/15; 08:43:

Let’s just pretend that it’s still the 5th and I’m still on campus! So, our last paper for the year, our last ever exclusive paper as the IPM 2012 batch ended close to 11 a.m., on the 5th of May! Everyone hurriedly packed up – packed up their room into cartons to be left behind in the cloak-room while we were out and packed up some essential bits & pieces into suitcases to be carried to our place of internship!

A couple of good-byes later, people began to leave; it began as a trickle of people leaving on early afternoon flights, it almost became a flood around 2 p.m. (that’s close to when the trains to Delhi/Bombay/everywhere else leave Indore station!), turning into a trickle, by the dinner-time! About half the batch managed to leave on the 5th; the other half would probably repeat this setup on 6th!
We got on a 10:45 (p.m.!) bus to Bombay (It was supposed to be a 9:15 bus, but, well, technical difficulties got in the way)

We got to Bombay, by around 10 a.m., on the 6th. We spent the day wandering around parts of Mumbai, eating; We then made our way to Bangalore- it took us nearly 24 hours to get there!

I stepped foot in Bangalore, on the afternoon of 8th May! We then made our way to some predetermined accommodation, close to Forum Mall.

I’m not really sure if the details of what happens in Bangalore ought to form part of the ‘Life @ IPM, IIM-I’; but then, it is as part of my social internship which of course is part of the course curriculum.

Anyway, I’ll go visit my soon to-be workplace at around 10:30. I’d tried going in earlier and failed; I’m currently sitting around, waiting, thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment