Saturday 21 March 2015

21/03/2015



21/03/15; 06:57:

It’s Gudi Padwa. I remember, a while back, when it was around Pongal I suppose, we had made a series of plans to have a grand celebration for Gudi Padwa (Marathi New Year) & Ugadi (Telgu New Year) which happen to be on the same date. Let’s hope something eventful happens, today.

So, Thursday aka Sunday, here at the Integrated Programme in Management, at IIM-Indore, was supposed to be all eventful, but ended up being mainly a sleep fiesta. I woke up only around mid-day ( I woke up to the news of being selected for the internship at Sankalp- the one that I’d really wanted- so, that was off to a great start!); i-Help operations carried on as usual; once up, we decided to get working on our Social Media Assignment. We’d picked StumbleUpon as our topic of choice. StumbleUpon is a rather unique way to browse the internet. You sign up, pick a bunch of interests, from an almost limitless list of topics; you hit the ‘Stumble’ button and you’re off! It lands you on WebPages that cater to your tastes! You can choose to bookmark, share, mark up or mark down the pages that you are directed to. We decided to create a ‘real-world’ version of StumbleUpon. A list of topics was drawn up on a whiteboard. I ‘clicked’ one, Nature. I was then thrown in front of a pretty tree! We thus spent the afternoon recording such clips- me stumbling into a bookshelf in the library & being awed by the collection of books (Books), me rolling into the frame and falling asleep under a tree (Nature), me walking straight into a series of cycles (Fitness), me cycling into Mess 2 and staring at the food on offer (Food!), me having a series of handbags dropped on my head (Fashion) and more! I then headed back to my room and promptly fell asleep again. We wound up the loose ends of the video, later in the evening. I then spent an hour camping in the Pi-Shop.

Friday saw a flurry of classes till about 5 in the evening. I then made and received a few calls to/from the media, letting them know about the play that was to happen later in the evening. At 6:30, we made our way (post eating evening snacks, of course) to the New Auditorium, where a bunch of enthusiastic students were staging Oscar Wilde’s ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’. The play was directed & produced by Dr. Shweta Kushal, our professor, in the Communications Department. The play was beautifully executed- the three months of work that had gone into it was clearly visible- everything from the dialogue delivery to the stage and the assignment of roles was perfect. Unfortunately, I had to miss the last bit of the play, in order to get the press release out on time.

At 9:30, I made my way to the FPM Common Room for a rather grave SAC-EC meeting. The meeting went on for nearly three hours, post which I made my way to the SR-17 Common Room. The interviews for selection of the Atharv ’15 coordinators were to be conducted, from 11 p.m. till about 2 a.m. This was to be the final round- the last people standing shall make it to the election where the students of the 2013 & 2014 batches shall pick their leaders. We missed only one interview- clearly, we were off schedule! The 14 interviews went on nearly all night, ending only close to 6 a.m. We finally had the shortlist down to 6 candidates! The election shall most possibly be held on Sunday! Here’s hoping for a grand-er Atharv 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment