Tuesday 7 October 2014

06/10/2014



06/10/2014; 23:59:

And, it’s great to be back on campus! I reached at 7:30, this morning. 35 minutes later, I was sitting at the breakfast table with my batch-mates, sharing vacation stories. The 35 minutes were spent shifting my stuff back from the ‘Cloak Room’ to my room, unpacking and laying out a fresh bed.

An hour of gossip later, I made my way to the FPM Common Room where an i-Help meeting was to be in progress. So much effort is being put in, with the objective of raising funds towards Jammu & Kashmir Flood Relief. The meeting saw a menu being planned for the stalls to be set up in the evening. The menu included bhel, sandwiches, fresh lime soda and desserts. The menu was then beautifully written out on pink chart paper.
By the time the meeting was over, the laundry was definitely open. I collected my clothes- the ones I’d dropped there the day before I left for home and was glad to finally have my towels back. A hurried bath later, I was in the library, reading the latest copy of Reader’s Digest. If I had to pick a favourite magazine, this had to be it! Well, it’s pretty much the only one I read, so there’s not much competition there, really. I was grateful for my news friends in the rather enthusiastic 2014 Batch, for it was because of these guys that I began my new term with this visit to the library!

The stall was set up outside our very own Pi-Shop and began to do brisk business by about 5:00 p.m. There wasn’t much of a planned celebration for Eid, so, the i-Help stall was one way to join in the festivity while contributing to a good cause.

Post & during dinner gossip sessions pulled the day to a close. The various committee/club pre-processes is pretty much what everyone’s talking about, after sharing vacation stories!

And, the new term, term VIII (wow!) begins tomorrow morning at 10:15 a.m. The term registration was very efficiently carried out online, during the term break. A total of 30 credits were on offer, in the form of 7 4-credit courses and one 2-crdit course. 16 of these 30 credits are to be in compulsory courses namely Econometrics, Indian Politics, Principles of Management and Social Entrepreneurship. The electives include Mathematical Modelling, Introduction to Geography, Human Rights and Contemporary Social Issues. Looking forward to all these courses!

No comments:

Post a Comment